|Title||Call for Applications for Associate Director Position at the "Center for Complex Geometry" of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)|
|Person in charge||Personnel in charge of hiring||E-mail Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tel No.||042-878-8226|
|Department||Division of Research Service||Registration Date||2020-09-18||Closing Date||2020-10-28|
Call for Applications for Associate Director Position at the "Center for Complex Geometry" of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)
IBS invites applicants for the position of Associate Director who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials, and are able to run his or her own research group in collaboration with the directors within their Research Centers.
1. Introduction of the research center
The IBS Center for Complex Geometry is one of the research centers established by Institute for Basic Science (IBS). The center is directed by HWANG Jun-Muk and located in the main campus of IBS in Daejeon, South Korea. The research at IBS Center for Complex Geometry is centered around the interaction of algebraic geometry, differential geometry and complex analysis of several variables. Through the interchange of ideas from these areas of mathematics, it aims to develop novel methods to attack challenging problems.
2. Job description
The IBS Center for Complex Geometry invites applications for Associate Director position from mathematicians of exceptional research record and leadership in the area of complex algebraic geometry. Associate Director will serve important roles in assisting the founding director to achieve the goal of the research center as well as directing his or her own research group within the center.
3. Requirements for the position
- All candidates must be able to make a long-term commitment to IBS- Center for Complex Geometry’s research activities.
- Internationally competitive salary (negotiable)
5. General Selection Procedure
① Recruitment of applicants by public advertisement
6. Application Submission
- Please fill out the ‘Application Form’ in English and email it as a single PDF file to email@example.com no later than October 28, 2020.
- E-mail title should include 'Name of Applicant' and 'Name of the Research Center'
[Contact Information for Inquiries]
* For more information, please visit IBS website (https://www.ibs.re.kr).
7. Download link for 'Application Form'’ and ‘FAQ’