주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences

Total : 50

게시물검색
Building a Bridge to the Quantum World
Building a Bridge to the Quantum WorldJuzar Thingna, Young Scientist Fellow of the IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex SystemsCoffee, transistors, and quantum machines. What can be in common of those? That is one of the questions that Dr. Juzar Thingna explores at the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems. In the cup of coffee, trillions of molecules const... Name : 전체관리자 Hits : 32 2020.05.22
Making a brain map by connecting the “dots”
Making a brain map by connecting the “dots”Prof. KIM Sungshin, Young Scientist Fellow, Center for Neuroscience Imaging ResearchAlthough there are many diverse opinions about the late Steve Jobs, it is difficult to deny that many of his quotes and sayings inspired a lot of people. ‘Connecting the dots’ is one example. Jobs said that each and every one of his experiences was mean... Name : 전체관리자 Hits : 478 2020.03.26
Exploring the “philosopher’s stone” of these days
Exploring the “philosopher’s stone” of these daysYoonsu Park, Research fellow at the IBS Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations“All materials on earth is made up of molecules. How we tweak their building blocks i.e. molecules characterizes properties of the materials, and also affects our understanding about them. Catalysts enables an easy and quick reaction to obt... Name : 전체관리자 Hits : 1249 2019.10.18
Scientist in love with the universe of nanoscience
Scientist in love with the universe of nanoscience- LEE Byoung-Hoon, research fellow of the Center for Nanoparticle Research -The basic units of matter are atoms that are 0.1-0.2 nanometer in diameter. A nanometer (nm) is a measurement unit. 1 nm equals one billionth of a meter and is 50,000-100,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair. Nanoparticles are materials be... Name : 전체관리자 Hits : 1811 2019.08.01
SQUIDs, “the fifth element” for axion search experiments
SQUIDs, “the fifth element” for axion search experiments.- This highly precise magnetometer can detect as subtle signal as power that reaches Mars from a cellphone located on Earth. -In the 1997 science fiction movie “The Fifth Element”, the four elemental stone can exert its full potential only when it is put together with the fifth element in defeating the Great Evil. Dr. And... Name : 전체관리자 Hits : 2472 2019.06.24
Exploring Carbon Out of Box
Exploring Carbon Out of Box- Feng Ding, Group leader of the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials -▲ Feng Ding, Group leader of the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (CMCM) (Credit: UNIST)"Welcome to the Feng Ding Kingdom :-)"Boasting a crown-shaped carbon structure, professor Feng Ding showed a sweet, naive smile like a young boy. Professor Feng Ding ... Name : Communications Team Hits : 2845 2019.03.18
A Scientist on a Time Machine, Peeking into Past and Future Climate Change
A Scientist on a Time Machine, Peeking into Past and Future Climate ChangeLEE June-Yi, Associate Project Leader, IBS Center for Climate PhysicsA golden globe sits on the desk of Research Fellow LEE June-Yi of the IBS Center for Climate Physics (ICCP), who is also an assistant professor of Research Center for Climate Sciences, Pusan National University. When asked about the glob... Name : Communications Team Hits : 3496 2018.12.11
Exploring the quantum world inside atoms
Exploring the quantum world inside atoms- Andreas Heinrich Director of the IBS Center for Quantum Nanoscienceand Distinguished Professor at Ewha Womans University -Richard Feynman, the prominent US physicist, foresaw the infinite possibility of nanotechnology many years ago. He envisioned a world where the entire 24 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica could be written on the... Name : Communications Team Hits : 5738 2018.09.10
Investigating an Uncharted Territory, Dark Matter Hunter
Investigating an Uncharted Territory, Dark Matter Hunter- HA Chang Hyon, research fellow of the IBS Center for Underground Physics -[Video on YouTube] HA Chang Hyon, research fellow of the IBS Center for Underground PhysicsWe can only directly observe about 4% of the universe, and the other 96% is assumed to be divided up among dark matter and dark energy, which we have still n... Name : Communications Team Hits : 4791 2018.08.23
Different research United under the same goal - greater together
Different research United under the same goal - greater together- Talk with three research fellows from IBS Center for Plant Aging Research -Aging was once seen as an inevitablepart of life. However, it has becomesomething that could be overcomeafter a discovery was made in the 1990sthat life expectancy of Caenorhabditiselegans (C. elegans) changed when itsgenes were partially ... Name : Communications Team Hits : 4338 2018.02.06
12345
Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Communications Team : Choi Jee Won   042-878-8088
Last Update 2019-12-17 14:52