|공고명||2020-02 Recruitment Announcement for Non-tenure-track Research Fellow Positions at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials|
|담당처||다차원 탄소재료 연구단||시작일||2020-02-21||마감일||2020-03-06|
2020-02 Recruitment Announcement
|Work Category||Research Area||Required Qualifications||No. of Openings|
|IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
|1. Application of machine learning in material science.
2. The mechanisms of materials’ growth and etching.
3. The structural defects, mechanical, thermal, electronic properties of CNTs, graphene and 2D materials.
4. The computational study of surface science and chemical reactions in solution.
5. Experimental synthesis of various 2D materials, characterizations of 2D materials and exploration of their applications.
|- Degree: Doctoral Degree
- Major: Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or other related majors
- Preference: Applicants with experience in parallel coding and GPU acceleration are preferred; those who have experience on modeling CNT growth, 2D materials growth, electronic properties of 2D materials will be prioritized.
※ Subject to change, depending on the Center’s circumstances
※ We seek candidates for a non-tenure-track1) position with a specialty in physics, chemistry, material science or other related fields including as related to making new carbon materials or related materials, and studying their physical and chemical properties. The candidate needs to be fluent in both oral and written English, and will work on projects aimed at detailed study of novel carbon and related materials. Familiarity with the basic aspects of carbon materials is valued. It is highly desirable that the candidate has working experience with (i) handling at least one programming language such as C, Fortran, python and so on in Linux environment, and familiarity with high performance computer (HPC) system (ii) studies of various phenomena at the surface or, of physical properties of various carbons forms and other related materials with computational methods such as Monte Carlo (MC), molecular dynamics (MD), ab-initio methods and so on (iii) applying machine learning (ML) methods to material science.
1) Non-tenure-track: not eligible for a tenure review, and thus employment ends with the expiration of the employment contract. Employment term is within maximum five years.
|Stage 1: Document Screening||Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, excellence in research achievements, work capability, development potential, etc.||Select within three times of the number of candidates than opening positions for the next screening stage. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).||(Mandatory)
- Application Form
- CV and List of research achievements
- Consent Form for Personal Information
- Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Stage 2: Interview Screening||Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, adaptability to organizational culture, presentation skills, problem solving skills, proficiency in English language, development potential, etc.||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.||※ Separate notifications for applicants who pass each screening stage|
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html