2020-01 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions
at the Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research
The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research is a Campus Center of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS). IBS is a national search institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of a Support for International Science and Business Belts. The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research is located in KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon and conducts Axion Detection research.
The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Details
||No. of Openings
|Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research
(KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon)
high-efficiency design effort of the microwave resonators
|- Degree: Ph. D
- Major: Experimental particle, nuclear physics or closely related areas
1. RF and cryogenic experience applied to the field of axion research
2. Experience in innovative research related to microwave resonators
3. Demonstration of leadership qualities
4. Capability of carrying out independent research
※ Classification of Research Positions (tenure-track and non-tenure-track)
- 1.Types of Employment
- ▶ Tenure-track
- – Eligible for a tenure* review if certain requirements are met after employment
- ▶ Non-tenure-track
- – Not eligible for a tenure* review, employment ends with the expiration of the employment contract
* Tenure guarantees employment until the age of 65 without renewals of contracts.
- 2.Terms and Conditions
- –Employment under a contract of which initial term is maximum five years (not applicable to tenured researchers)
- –Ipso facto resignation after a maximum of seven years of employment
- ▶ Tenure Review
- –If those in tenure-track research positions have met certain requirements, the Personnel Committee for IBS Research Centers conducts a tenure review on whether to appoint them as tenured researchers.
- ▶ Second Review and Resignation
- –Those who fail to obtain tenure must leave when their employment term ends but may be granted limited opportunities for a second review.
- 4. Non-tenure-track
- –Ipso facto resignation after a maximum of five years of employment
- [General Qualifications]
- • Those who are qualified under the “State Public Officials Act”
(Refer to the disqualifying factors listed in Article 33.)
- • Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- • Additional points for those who submit supporting documents proving they are persons with disabilities or eligibility for patriot & veteran benefits under relevant laws and decrees
- • Female scientists and engineers
□ Candidate Screening
|Candidate Screening Method
||–Relevancy to the recruitment area
–Excellence of research achievements
–Full transcripts of university and higher education
|Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80)
|–CV, 3 Letters of Reference, List of Research Achievements, Research Plan Statement, Consent Form for Collection and Use of Personal Information
–Other documents required by the Center
※ Submit via e-mail
||–Expertise in the recruitment area
–Attitudes and adaptability to organizational culture
–Presentation skills and diligence
|Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Application Submission: Submit CV, 3 Letters of Reference, List of Research Achievement (Thesis, Patent, Journal Publication, etc.), Research Plan Statement and Consent Form for Collection and Use of Personal Information via e-mail (email@example.com)
(Remarks: All the required document should be submitted in English.)
- 〇 Period: December 30, 2019 ~ January 31, 2020, 24:00 (KST)
□ Additional Information
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 If selected candidates are disqualified through a background check or a recruitment-related physical examination, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on April 16, 2020.
*Appointment schedule may change according to the center’s circumstances
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research, KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center of Axion and Precision Physics Research
(E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)