2019-01 Recruitment Announcement for Research Engineering Staff at the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems
The Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems is a HQ Center of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS). IBS is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems is located in IBS HQ Campus, Daejeon and conducts Theoretical Physics research.
The Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
■ □Recruitment Area and Openings
- 〇 Affiliation (workplace): Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems (IBS HQ campus, Daejeon)
- 〇 Job category: Research engineering staff (fixed-term staff)
- 〇 Recruitment areas: Management and operation of Cluster server and IT equipment
- 〇 Qualifications:
- - (mandatory qualification) none
- (Preferences) those who majored or have experience in relevant areas, Good English and communication skills
- 〇 Employment period: October 1, 2019 – September 31, 2020 ( 1 year)
- ※ The initial contract may be renewed through a review in accordance with relevant guidelines. When a worker’s research group is terminated, he/she is subject to ipso facto retirement, in principle.
- 〇 Number of openings: One
■ Qualifications and Preferences
- 〇 Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- 〇 Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- 〇 Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
||(Mandatory)Application, Consent to Provide Personal Information
Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
■ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Submission: Via e-mail (email@example.com)
- ※Information on application e-mail
- * Title: [Applying for research engineering staff at the IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems] YYY ← applicant’s name
- * Content: I am applying for research engineering staff position at the IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems.
- * Title of attachment: Application for research engineering staff position at the IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems (YYY ← applicant’s name)
- 〇 Period: July 22, 2019 – August 5, 2019 (15 days)
■ Other Information
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on October 1, 2019.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems (IBS HQ campus, Daejeon)
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems
(Tel : 042-878-8631, Fax : 042-878-8699, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)