2019-1 Recruitment Announcement for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions
The Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions is a campus center of the Institute for Basic Science(IBS). IBS is a national research institute established in accordance with Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions is located in KAIST Main Campus, Daejeon and conducts research to find fundamental solutions to global environment and energy challenges that we and future generations face.
The Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
■ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
||Number of Openings
|Nanomaterials Design and Synthesis of the Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions
||Nanocatalysis and Surface Chemistry
1. Ph. D. in physical chemistry
2. Capability of carrying out research on nanocatalysis and surface chemistry and maintaining in-situ surface analysis facilities
※ Classification of Research Positions (tenure-track and non-tenure-track)
1. Types of Employment
- ‣ Tenure-track
- Those in tenure-track research positions are eligible for a tenure evaluation* if they have met certain requirements.
- ‣ Non-Tenure track
- Those in non-tenure-track research positions are not eligible for a tenure evaluation and their contracts are terminated upon expiration.
2. Terms and Conditions
- - Researchers are hired under employment contracts and the term of their initial contracts does not exceed five years (not for tenured researchers).
- ‣ Tenure evaluation
- If those in tenure-track research positions have met certain requirements, the Personnel Committee for IBS Research Centers will conduct a tenure evaluation on whether to appoint them as tenured researchers.
- ‣ Re-evaluation and retirement
- If they fail to obtain tenure, then they must be re-evaluated within a fixed period set by the IBS president.
(If they fail a second time, they must, ipso facto, leave after a grace period of no more than one year.)
4. Non-Tenure track
- - The term of their contracts does not exceed five years, and they must, ipso facto, leave after their contracts expire.
(They may be re-appointed to tenure-track positions upon a special evaluation.)
■ Qualifications and Preferences
- - Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- - Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- - Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
Application, Consent to Provide Personal Information
Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
■ Application Submission and Period
- - Submission: Via e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
* Title: [Applying for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions] YYY ← applicant’s name
* Content: I am applying for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions
* Title of attachment: Application for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions(YYY← applicant’s name)
- - Period: February 1, 2019 - 18:00, February 17, 2019
■ Other Information
- - Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- - When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- - If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- - Final candidates will be appointed on April 16, 2019.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- - Workplace: Nanomaterials Design and Synthesis Group of the Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions (KAIST, Daejeon)
- - Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions (E-mail: email@example.com)