2019-01 Recruitment Announcement for Research Engineering Staff at the Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
The Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials is a Campus Center of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS). IBS is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
■ Recruitment Area and Openings
□Recruitment Area and Openings
|Synthesis Group of the Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (UNIST, Ulsan)
||Research engineering staff
|Support research regarding the characterization of macromolecules and macromolecular materials
A doctoral degree in polymer chemistry or materials science
(Preferences) those who have extensive experience in using research equipment; GPC systems (Gel Permeation Chromatography), TGA(Thermogravimetric Analyzer) and others
- ○ Employment period: June 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019 (1 year)
※ The initial contract may be renewed through a review in accordance with relevant guidelines. (NOTE: automatic contract termination with the closing of the relevant Center Research Group)
■ Qualifications and Preferences
- - Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- - Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- - Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
- Consent to Provide Personal Information
- Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
■ Application Submission and Period
- - Submission: Via e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
* Title: [Applying for research engineering staff at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials] YYY ← applicant’s name
* Content: I am applying for research engineering staff position at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials.
* Title of attachment: Application for research engineering staff position at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (YYY ← applicant’s name)
- - Period: February 1, 2019 – 18:00, February 24, 2019
■ Other Information
- - Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- - When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- - If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- - Final candidates will be appointed on June 1, 2019.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- - Workplace: Synthesis Research Group of the Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (UNIST, Ulsan)
- - Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Csenter for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
(Tel.: 052-217-5756, fax: 052-217-5759, e-mail: email@example.com)