2022-3 Recruitment Announcement for Senior research fellow positions at the Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe
The Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe (CTPU) (http://ctpu.ibs.re.kr) at Institute for Basic Science (http://www.ibs.re.kr), South Korea, invites applications for two Senior research fellow positions in Theoretical High Energy Physics, with particular emphasis on Particle Phenomenology, Astroparticle Physics, and Cosmology. The positions can start anytime in October 16 2022 to 2023. The initial appointment will be for 2 years, and can be renewed subject to the performance review and funding situation.
The research group at the CTPU involves 6 faculty members (Kiwoon Choi, Jai-chan Hwang, Sanghyeon Chang, Sang Hui Im, Seung-Joo Lee and Chan Beom), as well as 1 YSF fellow and 14 postdoctoral research fellows. We also have affiliate faculty members (Myeonghun Park and Chang Sub Shin, Seodong Shin, and Jeong Han Kim) who are actively working with our group members. The official language at the center is English.
Research interests of our group cover broad areas of theoretical high energy physics and cosmology, including physics beyond the Standard Model, collider phenomenology, dark matter, early Universe cosmology, large scale structure of the Universe, string compactifications and their phenomenological consequences. We have strong ties to the cosmology group at KASI (http://cosmology.kasi.re.kr). We also have close relations with the experimental centers hosted by IBS: the Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research (http://capp.ibs.re.kr) and the Center for Underground Physics (http://cupweb.ibs.re.kr).
Applications should include CV, publication list, research statement, Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information&Application for the Institute for Basic Science(IBS)(attached), and at least three letters of recommendation. For full consideration, application materials including the letters should be submitted to email@example.com by Aug 29, 2022 3pm as KST
※ References letters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the writers and any letters from the applicants will not be accepted
||Number of Openings
|Senior research fellow
|| - Degree : Doctoral degree
- Preferences : more than 3 years of research experience, Excellent thesis performances
- 〇 Job Description for Research Position
- - (Senior research fellow)
Employment is guaranteed until their Center closes after passing a review, which takes place before the end of the initial employment (renewal every 2 years).
※ Note: In case of the Center’s closure during employment, the employment contract will be terminated accordingly.
□ Screening Process
|Conformity with recruitment, Excellence in research performance, Overall research activities, Excellence of Research Plan, etc
||Approximately 5times the number of applicants than the number of vacancies will be selected for the interview in order of the highest scores with the minimum average score of 80.
▪ List of publications
▪ Research Statement
▪ At least three reference letters.
▪ Consent form to Provide Personal Information&Application for the Institute for Basic Science
|Excellence in the recruitment area, Presentation & attitude, Problem solving skill, Development potential, etc
||Number of vacancies will be selected for the interview in order of the highest scores with the minimum average score of 80.
※ There will be a successful candidate and preliminary candidates(Total candidates are 2 times of number of positions) in accordance with higher score
|Further notice will be provided to the final candidates
- ※ The interview can be conducted as video interview
- ※ References letters must be sent to email@example.com directly from the writers and any letters from the applicants will not be accepted
□ Application Submission and Deadline
- 〇 How to apply : Submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. CV
- 2. List of publications
- 3. Research statement
- 4. At least 3 Recommendation letters*
- 5. Consent form to Provide Personal Information&Application for the Institute for Basic Science(IBS)(attached)
* References letters must be sent to email@example.com directly from the writers and any letters from the applicants will not be accepted
- 〇 Closing dates : August 29, 2022(3pm as KST)
- ※ E-mail Title: [Applying for Senior Research Fellow position at the CTPU]YYY←Applicant's name
e.g.) [Applying for Senior Research Fellow position at the CTPU]Hong Gil-dong
- 〇 Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- 〇 Applicants will be responsible for any consequences of making mistakes, missing information or not submitting required documentation in their applications. If any information is found to be incorrect or false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 Submitted documents may be returned when a request is made within three months from the announcement of the final result in accordance with Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 If candidates are disqualified due to a background check or a physical examination result, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 If candidates are found to be former public officials dismissed for corruption as set forth in Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No applicants may be hired if there are no applicants deemed qualified during the screening process.
- 〇 If hired, the job category/grade and annual salary will be determined in accordance with IBS rules and regulations.
- 〇 Successful candidates are expected to start on Oct. 16, 2022. (Subject to change)
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe, IBS HQ, Daejeon
- 〇 Inquiries: CTPU Recruitment Manager at +82-42-878-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org