2021-7 Recruitment Announcement for the Postdoctoral Research Associates Position at the Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations
Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The research focus of Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations is the development of catalytic C-H functionalizations, understanding their mechanistic details, and their applications. The Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
채용분야 및 인원에 대한 표로서 구분(근무지), 직종, 분야, 지원자격, 인원에 대한 안내입니다
|Center for Hydrocarbon Functionalizations
|Postdoctoral research associate
- - Degree: - Doctoral degree(Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months)
- - Major: - Organic Chemistry, Photocatalyst and Organic Synthesis or other related fields
[Postdoctoral research associate] is a position to conduct training and research for a certain period of time to deepen his/her expertise and strengthen his/her exclusive ability and be appointed for a term of up to three years
□ Qualifications and Preferences
- [General qualifications]
- • Those who have a doctoral degree from domestic/overseas university
- • Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- • Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- • Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
전형절차에 대한 표로서 구분, 내용, 합격기준, 제출서류에 대한 안내입니다
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores
(minimum average score: 80).
2. List of Publications,
3. Consent to Provide Personal Information(attached)
|Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skill, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, fluency in foreign languages(English), etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings
||※ There can be additional required documents according to the situation at the center/td>
※ The interview can be conducted in video interview.
□ Application Submission and Period
〇 Submission : Via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
- * Title: 21-7 Applying for Postdoctoral research Associates position
〇 Period : September 28, 2021(Tue)~Octobert 13, 2021(Wed), (KST 18:00)
□ Other Information
- 〇 Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 Based on the documents related to background check and Job-related physical examination, the job offer to the unsuitable candidate will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article
82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the
Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on January 1 2022
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations(KAIST, Daejeon)
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations (Tel: 042-350-8124, E-mail : email@example.com)