2020-05 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions
at the Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research
The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research is a Campus Center of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS). IBS is a national search institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of a Support for International Science and Business Belts. The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research is located in KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon and conducts Axion Detection research.
The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Details
||No. of Openings
|Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research
(KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon)
|Expected to work on the microwave axion cavity experiment with a focus on the implementation of quantum amplifiers into the axion detector and the optimization of cryogenic RF electronics
||- Degree: Ph. D
– Major: Physics or Engineering
1. Experience in cryogenic systems based on dilution refrigerators and RF(microwave) electronics
2. Experience in superconducting electronics
3. Photon detection experience in GHz domain
4. Competence in system simulation studies
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and/or Korean)
- ※ (Senior Researcher) will be appointed for a term of up to five years and may be promoted to a Senior Research Fellow through a separate evaluation.
- [General Qualifications]
- • Those who have received Ph.D. from domestic and foreign universities
- • Those who are qualified under the “State Public Officials Act”
(Refer to the disqualifying factors listed in Article 33.)
- • Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- • Additional points for those who submit supporting documents proving they are persons with disabilities or eligibility for patriot & veteran benefits under relevant laws and decrees
- • Female scientists and engineers
□ Candidate Screening
|Candidate Screening Method
||– Relevancy to the recruitment area
– Excellence of research achievements
– Full transcripts of university and higher education
|Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80)
|– CV, Two Letters of Recommendation, List of Research Achievements, Research Plan Statement, Consent Form for Collection and Use of Personal Information
– Other documents required by the Center
※ Submit via e-mail
||– Expertise in the recruitment area
– Attitudes and adaptability to organizational culture
–Presentation skills and diligence
|Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Application Submission: Submit CV (free format), Two Letters of Recommendation (free format), List of Research Achievements (free format; thesis, patent, journal publication, etc.), Research Plan Statement (free format) and Consent Form for Collection and Use of Personal Information (designated form attached) via e-mail (email@example.com)
(Remarks: All the required document should be submitted in English; The letter of recommendation should be sent directly by the references)
- 〇 Period: November 2, 2020 (Mon) – November 29, 2020 (Sun), 24:00 (KST) (Strict on punctuality)
□ Additional Information
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 If selected candidates are disqualified through a background check or a recruitment-related physical examination, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on March 1, 2021.
*Appointment schedule may change according to the center’s circumstances
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research, KAIST Munji Campus, Daejeon
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center of Axion and Precision Physics Research
(E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html