|Title||2020-08 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials|
|Person in charge||Personnel in charge of hiring||E-mail Addressemail@example.com||Tel No.||052-217-5756|
|Department||Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials||Registration Date||2020-08-31||Closing Date||2020-09-15|
2020-08 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions at
|Work Position||Area No.||Area||Required Qualification||No. of Openings|
|Postdoctoral Research Associate||①||- Organic/synthetic chemistry||- Degree: Doctoral Degree (Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months by the time of appointment)
- Major: Organic/Synthetic Chemistry
- Preference: Ph.D.-level researcher who majored in organic chemistry (and/or organometallic, and/or synthetic chemistry); synthesis and modification of organic molecules, polymer and macromolecules. Researchers with experience in synthesis of two-dimensional polymers, carbon materials, MOFs or COFs in solution or on a substrate. Expertise in all (or many) of: XRD, NMR, SEM, perhaps TEM, AFM, and various spectroscopies.
|②||- Electrochemical Synthesis, Materials/ Synthetic Chemistry||- Degree: Doctoral Degree (Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months by the time of appointment)
- Major: Chemistry (Electrochemistry/Materials Chemistry)
- Preference: Ph.D.-level researcher who majored in electrochemical synthesis, with strengths in materials synthesis. Researchers with deep experience in electrochemical analysis and synthesis of materials by using electrochemical methods and also through deep knowledge of various (most of) electrochemical methods including redox reactions. Expertise in all or many of: electrochemistry and electrochemical methods, XRD, NMR, SEM, perhaps TEM, AFM, and various spectroscopies such as XPS, Raman, FTIR, UV-NIR, etc.
|③||- Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry||- Degree: Doctoral Degree (Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months by the time of appointment)
- Major: Physics / Materials Science / Chemistry
- Preference: Has significant experience in use of AFM and perhaps also other SPM methods to study chemical and physical properties of materials: Researchers with deep experience in the physical and physical chemical methods of AFM (and SPM) and method development.
|*Military Service Exemption Position Available
(Total one slot is available for all research areas stated above: ①, ②, ③): A personnel wishing to newly start a military service exemption position, or a personnel already on the military exemption position and wishes to transfer to IBS
※Please note the attached information for required qualifications in detail.
|Stage||Review Criteria||Method||Required Documents|
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.||Select three times the number of candidates than the opening for the next screening stage. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80)||(1) CV
(2) List of Publications
(3) Research Plan (free form, within 1 page)
(4) Consent form for providing personal information (form attached)
※All needs to be written in English
(5) Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefit, if necessary
|Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skills, attitude, development potential, etc.||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores within the number of openings. (minimum average score: 80)||Be individually informed for applicants who pass document screening|
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html