2020-2 Recruitment Announcement for the Senior Researcher
/Postdoctoral Researcher Position at the Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations
Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research.
The research focus of Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizationsis the development of catalytic C-H functionalizations, understanding their mechanistic details, and their applications. The Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
|Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations
|Research Position, Senior Researcher
(Sukbok Chang’s Group)
|Organometallic chemistry and Reaction mechanism
||- Degree: Doctoral degree
- Major: Organometallic chemistry
- Preference: Research experience in related fields over 5 years, Over 5 excellent papers as 1st author
|Postdoctoral research associate
(Sungwoo Hong’s Group)
|Organocatalysis · Medicinal chemistry
||- Degree: Doctoral degree
(Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months)
- Major: Organic chemistry·Medicinal chemistry
- 〇 Postdoctoral research associates
- - Postdoctoral research associate is a position to conduct training and research for a certain period of time to deepen his/her expertise and strengthen his/her exclusive ability and be appointed for a term of up to three years (e.g., 1+2 years)
- 〇 Senior Researcher
- - Ph.D.-level dedicated research personnel who are appointed for a term of up to five years (e.g., 3+2 years) and, through a separate evaluation, may be promoted to senior research fellows.
※ A contract will be valid until the existence of the center. A person’s contract will be finished right after the center is closed.
□ Qualifications and Preferences
- [General qualifications]
- • Those who have a doctoral degree from domestic/overseas university
- • Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- • Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- • Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
- • Those who are “women in science, engineering and technology” under Article 2 of the Act on Fostering and Supporting Women Scientists and Technicians.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
||CV, List of Publications, Consent to Provide Personal Information(attached)
|Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skill, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, fluency in foreign languages(English), etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings
||※ There can be additional required documents according to the situation at the center
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Submission : Via e-mail (email@example.com)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
Title: [Applying for (Postdoctoral or Senior researcher) position at the IBS Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations] YYY ← applicant’s name
- 〇 Period : June 19, 2020(Fri) ~ July 6, 2020(Mon), (KST 18:00)
□ Other Information
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 Based on the documents related to background check and Job-related physical examination, the job offer to the unsuitable candidate will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on Sep. 1, 2020.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations(KAIST, Daejeon)
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations (Tel: 042-350-8124, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html