2020-6 Recruitment Announcement for Researcher Position
at the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems
Institute for Basic Science (IBS) is a national research institute established in accordance with Article 14 of the Special Act on Establishment of and Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research.
The Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems aims to take up the grand challenge and to create a world-class laboratory for the nonlinear classical and quantum dynamics of nano-structured systems, and to conduct cutting edge research on phenomena at the interfaces of applied and computational theoretical condensed matter physics and optics. Our center invites a creative and dynamic talent who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
|Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems
(Master degree level)
|Condensed Matter Physics
||- Degree: Master degree
- Major: Physics
Proven experience in physics research (either experimental or theoretical physics) through training, projects and publications, readiness to join computational project on diluting tensor spin liquids.
- * (Researcher) Researcher is a position that can be appointed up to 5 years (e.g., 2+3 years) and appointment will be maintained until abolition of research center if the center will be abolished during contract period.
□ Initial contract period : Aug. 16, 2020 ~ Aug. 15, 2021 (1 year)
□ Qualifications and Preferences
- [General qualifications]
- • Those who have a master degree from domestic/overseas university
- • Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- • Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- • Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
- • Those who are “women in science, engineering and technology” under Article 2 of the Act on Fostering and Supporting Women Scientists and Technicians.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
|CV, Publication list, Consent to Provide Personal Information(attached), 1 Recommendation letter
|Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skill, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, fluency in foreign languages(English), etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||※There can be additional required documents according to the situation at the center
※ The interview can be conducted in video interview.
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Submission : Via e-mail(email@example.com)
- *E-mail Title: [2020-06 Applying for researcher position at the IBS Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems] YYY ← applicant’s name
- 〇 Period : Jun. 18, 2020 ~ Jul. 3, 2020(Until 15:00 KST)
□ Other Information
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 Based on the documents related to background check and Job-related physical examination, the job offer to the unsuitable candidate will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on Aug. 16, 2020.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems (IBS HQ campus, Daejeon)
- 〇 Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems (Tel: 042-878-8631, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html