2020-2 Recruitment Announcement for the Postdoctoral Research Position
at the Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions
The Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions is a campus center of the Institute for Basic Science(IBS). IBS is a national research institute established in accordance with Support for International Science and Business Belts. IBS aims to discover creative knowledge and secure original technologies through world-class basic science research. The Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions is located in KAIST Main Campus, Daejeon and conducts research to find fundamental solutions to global environment and energy challenges that we and future generations face.
The Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions invites creative and dynamic candidates who will help us to achieve our goals.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
||Number of openings
|IBS Center for Nanomaterials & Chemical Reactions
||- A person who obtained Ph. D. less than 5 years or will receive Ph.D. within 3 months as of hiring date
- Experience in nanomaterial synthesis and/or catalysis in Green Chemistry
- Good spoken and written English
□ Qualifications and Preferences
- [General qualifications]
- - Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- - Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- - Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
Application, Consent to Provide Personal Information
Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
□ Application Submission and Period
- - Submission: Via e-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
* Title: [Applying for Postdoctoral research position at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions] YYY ← applicant’s name
* Content: I am applying for Postdoctoral research position at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions
* Title of attachment: Application for Postdoctoral research position at the IBS Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions(YYY← applicant’s name)
- - Period: 12th of May(Tue), 2020 - 18:00, 27th of May(Wed), 2020
□ Other Information
- - Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- - When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- - If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- - Final candidates will be appointed on 16th of Aug, 2020.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- - Workplace: Chemical Reaction on Surface of Nanomaterials Group of the Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions (KAIST, Daejeon)
- - Inquiries: Responsible staff of the Center for Nanomaterials and Chemical Reactions (E-mail: email@example.com)
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has deveral admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html