|Title||2020-04 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions at the IBS Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials|
|Person in charge||Personnel in charge of hiring||E-mail Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tel No.||052-217-5756|
|Department||Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials||Registration Date||2020-04-21||Closing Date||2020-05-05|
2020-04 Recruitment Announcement for Research Positions
|Work Category||Area||Required Qualifications||No. of Openings|
|Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials
|Postdoctoral Research Associate||- Carbon nanotubes, zeolites, Advanced Transmission Electron Microscopy, Zeolite derived carbons, Diamanes||- Degree: Doctoral Degree (obtained in recent 5 years)
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Preference: Doctoral experience in synthesis and study of carbon nanotubes and zeolites, and thus be well positioned for new studies of zeolite derived carbons. Having a strong background in aberration-corrected TEM of zeolites and nanotubes; experience with a wide variety of experimental methods used for study of carbon nanotubes and zeolites, and strong capabilities with respect to HRTEM, HRSTEM, EELS, EDS, DF imaging, diffraction, and simulation, is highly desired
(1) Please refer to the below for the detailed required qualifications
|- Carbon materials, Electrochemical synthesis, Metal carbides, Liquid metals, Molten salts||- Degree: Doctoral Degree (obtained in recent 5 years)
- Major: Metallurgy and/or Materials Science
- Preference: Doctoral experience in study of carbon materials, metal-related materials and electrochemistry, to thus be well positioned for electrosynthesis of novel carbon materials. Having a strong background in electrochemistry, liquid metal studies, molten salt studies, metal alloying and synthesis of carbon materials; experience with a wide variety of experimental methods used for synthesis and study of metal carbide-related carbon materials, and strong capabilities with respect to electrochemical characterization, SEM, EDS, Raman spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction, is highly desired.
(2) Please refer to the below for the detailed required qualifications
(1) We seek candidates for a postdoctoral research associate position that tackles outstanding challenges in zeolite derived carbons (ZDCs), carbon nanotubes, and diamane-like materials, and other projects related to novel carbon materials. The position will entail the synthesis and characterization of ZDCs and of new studies involving carbon nanotubes and diamanes. As such, the candidate should have deep experience with: (1) A broad range of methods of synthesizing and studying carbon nanotubes and zeolites, (2) a broad range of aberration-corrected TEM and STEM methods (3) atomic resolution HRTEM and HRSTEM imaging at low kV; (4) EELS and EDS, (5) TEM and STEM image simulation, 6) various types of spectroscopies and methods of measuring properties of zeolites and carbon nanotubes, (7) experience analyzing periodic nanoporous structures using HRTEM, BET, and other methods. Ideal candidates will (i) be fluent in English, (ii) have recently received a Ph.D., (iii) have experience writing manuscripts, (iv) exhibit a strong motivation to do research in pioneering areas and to delve deeply into fundamental scientific issues, including as exemplified during his/her Ph.D. studies, (v) have experience and also a desire to mentor junior members of the team.
(2) We seek candidates for a postdoctoral fellow position to tackle outstanding challenges in novel carbon materials and other related projects. Carbon synthesis based on electrochemical methods and systems, liquid metals, metal carbides, and related methods and approaches. Candidates should thus have deep experience with: (1) study of metal carbide-derived carbon materials and a broad range of methods of synthesizing carbon materials; (2) study of electrochemical behavior of eutectic systems; (3) analysis and use of phase diagrams; (4) electrochemical synthesis of carbon; (5) high temperature electrochemical reactions; and (6) various types of spectroscopies and methods to characterize the properties of carbon materials. Ideal candidates will (i) be fluent in English, (ii) have recently received a Ph.D., (iii) have experience writing manuscripts, (iv) exhibit a strong motivation to do research in pioneering areas and to delve deeply into fundamental scientific issues, including as exemplified during his/her Ph.D. studies, (v) have experience and also a desire to mentor junior members of the team.
▶ Postdoctoral Research Associate: Those who obtained a PhD degree in recent 5 years. Employment term is under maximum three years.
|Candidate Screening Method||Review Criteria||Required Documents|
|Combined||Document Screening||– Relevancy to the recruitment area
– Excellence of research achievements
– Full transcripts of university and higher education
– Development potential
|– CV and list of research achievements
– Consent form
|Interview||– Expertise in the recruitment area
– Attitudes and adaptability to organizational culture
– Presentation skills and diligence
– Development potential
▶ Candidates who receive a minimum average point of 80 points or more at the document screening stage will be considered for the interview screening stages. The final candidate shall be selected based on the highest average point of 80 points or more at the interview stage, the number of final candidates will not exceed the number of opening.(The average point will be drawn from all review panel members.)
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html