2020-3 Recruitment Announcement for tenure-track research fellow at
the Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe
The Particle Theory and Cosmology (PTC) group (http://ctpu.ibs.re.kr) at the Center for Theoretical Physics of the Universe (CTPU) in Korea invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions in Theoretical High Energy Physics and String Phenomenology, which can start in the May of 2020. CTPU is a rapidly growing center with a strong support from the government as one of the IBS centers (http://www.ibs.re.kr). The PTC group at CTPU currently consists of 6 faculty members (Kiwoon Choi, Kenji Kadota, Sanghyeon Chang, Sang Hui Im, Chang Sub Shin, and Seung-Joo Lee (to join at April 2020)). We also have affiliate faculty members (Myeonghun Park, Seodong Shin and Kyu Jung Bae) and 12 postdoctoral research fellows. English is an official language at the center. The interests of our group cover broad areas of high energy physics and cosmology, including the physics beyond the standard model, collider phenomenology, dark matter, the early Universe phenomenology and the large scale structure of the Universe. We have strong ties to the cosmology group at KASI (http://cosmology.kasi.re.kr). We also have close relations with the experimental groups hosted by IBS, the Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research (CAPP, http://capp.ibs.re.kr) and the Center for Underground Physics (CUP, http://cupweb.ibs.re.kr). Applications should consist of a CV, a publication list, a research statement, Agreement to Collect and Use Personal Information (attached below), and at least three letters of recommendation, and be submitted through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org For the full consideration, the application and letters should be submitted by February 20th, 2020.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
||Number of openings
|Center for the Theoretical Physics of the Universe
|- Theoretical Particle Physics and String Phenomenology
- Degree: Ph. D. in High Energy theory
- Preferences: Capability of carrying out research on String theory Phenomenology
□ Qualifications and Preferences
- [General qualifications]
- - Those who are qualified under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act and IBS regulations
- - Those who completed mandatory military service or exempt from such service, and permitted to travel abroad
- - Additional points for persons with disabilities under Articles 3 and 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Act on the Employment Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, or persons eligible for employment assistance under Article 29 of the Act on the Honorable Treatment of and Support for Persons, Etc. of Distinguished Service to the State.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step. Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
||(Mandatory)Application, Consent to Provide Personal Information
(Optional)Supporting documents for persons with disabilities or eligible for veterans’ benefits
|Expertise in the recruitment area, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings.
||Separate notification for applicants who pass document screening
□ Application Submission and Period
- - Submission: Via e-mail(email@example.com)
- ※ Information on application e-mail
* Title: [Applying for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for the Theoretical Physics of the Universe] YYY ← applicant’s name
* Content: I am applying for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for the Theoretical Physics of the Universe
* Title of attachment: Application for Non-tenure-track research fellow at the IBS Center for the Theoretical Physics of the Universe(YYY← applicant’s name)
- - Period: February 5, 2020 - 18:00, February 20, 2020
□ Other Information
- - Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- - When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- - No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- - If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- - Final candidates will be appointed on May 1, 2020.
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- - Workplace: Center for the Theoretical Physics of the Universe (IBS, Daejeon)
- - Inquiries: Sanghyeon Chang (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html