Postdoctoral research associate position of "Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic
Systems" in the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)
Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems (CALDES), Institute for Basic Science (IBS) in Pohang,
Korea, directed by prof. Han Woong Yeom invites applications for the postdoctoral research associate position in
the research field of the synthesis and characterization of van der Waals materials. The CALDES is one of the
collaborative research centers belonging to IBS, national research institute to lead the top notch basic science
research of Korea.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to innovative research on van der Waals materials with strong
interactions through single crystal growth and the characterization of their physical properties. The
characterization may include the low temperature STM study at CALDES. The ideal candidate must have strong
background in materials synthesis, solid state physics and solid state chemistry.
□ Recruitment Area and Openings
Recruitment Area and Openings
|Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems
|Postdoctoral research associate*
||The synthesis and characterization of van der Waals materials
||• - Degree: Doctoral degree(Those who do not exceed 5 years after obtaining doctoral
degree, or those who are expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 3 months)
•- Major: condensed matter physics, material science, solid state chemistry
- [Postdoctoral research associate] is a position to conduct training and research for a certain period of time to deepen his/her expertise and strengthen his/her exclusive ability and be appointed for a term of up to three years
※ A contract will be valid until the existence of the center. A person’s contract will be finished right after the center is closed.
|Relevance to the recruitment area, expertise, work capability, development potential, etc.
||Select three times the number of candidates than open positions for the next screening step.
Select applicants with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80).
2. List of Publications,
3. Consent to Provide Personal Information (attached)
|Expertise in the recruitment area, presentation skill, attitude, problem solving skills, development potential, etc.
||Select the final candidates with the highest average scores (minimum average score: 80) within the number of openings
||※ There can be additional required documents according to the situation at the center
※ The interview can be conducted in video interview.
□ Application Submission and Period
- 〇 Submission : Via e-mail (email@example.com)
- 〇 Period : September 24, 2021(Fri)~ October 9, 2021(Sat), (KST 18:00)
□ Other Information
- 〇 Blind hiring process will be implemented to reduce the risk of bias in the hiring decision and block out any and all identification details from candidate's resume and applications.
- 〇 Applicants take full responsibility for any consequences resulting from omissions and errors found in submitted documents, not submitting required documents, etc. If any information is proven false, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 The submitted documents may be returned when a request of return is made within three months from the announcement of recruitment results under Article 4 of the Enforcement Decree of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- 〇 Based on the documents related to background check and Job-related physical examination, the job offer to the unsuitable candidate will be withdrawn.
- 〇 When selected candidates are public officials dismissed for corruption under Article 82 of the Act on the Prevention of Corruption and the Establishment of the Anti-corruption and Civil Rights Commission, the job offer will be withdrawn.
- 〇 No candidates may be hired if all candidates are found unsuitable during the screening stage.
- 〇 If hired, the job category (work level), annual salary, etc. will comply with IBS standards.
- 〇 Final candidates will be appointed on December 16, 2021
※ Appointment schedule may change.
- 〇 Workplace: Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems (POSTECH, Pohang)
- 〇 Inquiries: Administrative officer in charge of H.R. (Tel :+82-054-279-9882, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)