주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences
Inauguration and Move-In Celebration Event for IBS KAIST Campus 게시판 상세보기
Title Inauguration and Move-In Celebration Event for IBS KAIST Campus
Name 전체관리자 Registration Date 2023-09-06 Hits 1012
att. jpg 파일명 : thumb.jpg thumb.jpg

Inauguration and Move-In Celebration Event for IBS KAIST Campus

The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) held an inauguration and move-in celebration event for the IBS KAIST campus on the 5th.

The event, which took place on the 1st floor of the IBS KAIST campus building, was attended by over 200 individuals. Notable participants included IBS President NOH Do Young, KAIST President LEE Kwang Hyung, Managing Director CHANG Sukbok of the IBS Institute for Biomedical Science and Chemistry (Director of Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations), Director KIM Eunjoon of the Center for Synaptic Brain Dysfunctions, Director KOH Gou Young of the Center for Vascular Research, and Director IHEE Hyotcheorl of the Center for Advanced Reaction Dynamics.

The construction of the IBS KAIST campus began in November 2018 and was completed in December 2022. It encompasses a total floor area of 25,529.06 square meters, with a structure consisting of 6 above-ground floors and 1 underground floor. The IBS KAIST campus, launched on July 1st, houses four research centers, including the Center for Synaptic Brain Dysfunction (led by KIM Eunjoon), the Center for Vascular Research (led by KOH Gou Young), the Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalizations (led by CHANG Sukbok), and the Center for Advanced Reaction Dynamics (led by IHEE Hyotcheorl).

Left) IBS President NOH Do Young, Right) KAIST President LEE Kwang Hyung
▲ Left) IBS President NOH Do Young, Right) KAIST President LEE Kwang Hyung

President NOH Do Young expressed gratitude, saying, “The Ministry of Science and ICT has provided significant funding and made efforts to support the construction of IBS KAIST campus.” He also stated, “With KAIST and IBS headquarters being in close proximity, and with President LEE Kwang Hyung considering many areas of collaboration between KAIST and IBS, I anticipate significant synergy in the future.”

President LEE Kwang Hyung said, “I sincerely congratulate the inauguration of the IBS KAIST campus, which will serve as the cornerstone of global basic science research at KAIST.” He said, “In an era where science and technology are the nation's competitive strengths, I am very pleased that a symbiotic system has been established between KAIST and IBS to foster the cultivation of outstanding talents.” President Lee also expressed “I hope that the stable research environment would enhance the competitiveness of related research.”

Ricecake cutting
▲ Ricecake cutting

Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Public Relations Team : Suh, William Insang   042-878-8137
Last Update 2023-11-28 14:20