|Title||IBS Center for Cognition and Sociality to hold <International Symposium on Reactive Astrocytes and Glioblastoma>|
IBS Center for Cognition and Sociality to hold <International Symposium on Reactive Astrocytes and Glioblastoma>
- On September 30 (Thu), an online symposium will be held inviting international scholars in the field of glial cell and brain diseases -
The Center for Cognition and Sociality within the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) will hold the <International Symposium on Reactive Astrocytes and Glioblastoma>. In this event, domestic and foreign scholars will meet and exchange the latest research trends and knowledge on the causes of brain tumor formation and development as well as the role of astrocytes in this process.
The symposium will be held on September 30 (Thursday) from 9:30 am to 5:20 pm via video conference. It will consist of two sessions, which are ‘Reactive Astrocytes and Glioblastoma’ and ‘Pathological and Molecular Features of Glioblastoma’.
The chair will be Justin C. Lee, a world-renowned scholar in the field of glial biology and the director of the IBS Center for Cognition and Sociality Research, and YOON Mi-Jin, an authority in the field of brain science/brain disease and a professor of nuclear medicine at Yonsei University's Shinchon Severance Hospital. In addition, eight domestic and foreign speakers, including Professor Benjamin Deneen of Baylor College of Medicine, will be present.
Through the symposium, we will explore the role of reactive astrocytes in brain tumor formation and development as well as facilitating exchanges between brain tumor researchers at home and abroad. Furthermore, we intend to lay the foundation for a “one-stop solution” that covers everything from brain tumor diagnosis to treatment.
○ Event name: International Symposium on Reactive Astrocytes and Glioblastoma
○ Date: 2021.09.30 (Thu) 9:30~17:20
○ Host/Organizer: Institute for Basic Science (IBS) Center for Cognition and Sociality
○ Venue: Video conference (information will be provided individually to pre-registered participants)
○ Target: Researchers, students, etc. who are interested in reactive astrocyte brain tumor research
○ How to apply: Online application at https://forms.gle/W3hUBCqD59SXshSY7