IBS Center for Cognition and Sociality,
(the 2nd Highschool Camp)Camper Recruiting!
○ Title : HiBST 2021 (Highschool camp for Brain Science Training 2021)
○ Camp Period : July 26th (Mon)~August 6th (Fri), 2021
○ Host : Institute for Basic Science Cognition and Sociality
○ The number of people selected : 10 Highschool students 1~3 grade as of the application date (Including student on a temporary withdrawal from school)
○ Recruiting Period : June 1st (Tue)~June 20th (Sun), 2021
○ What do you do at science camp?
- - Participate in actual research and lectures in brain science fields such as Molecular biology, Electrophysiology, and animal behavior.
- - Experience research such as identifying the working principle of astrocytes in the brain and developing targeting Alzheimer’s treatment drugs using the advanced research infrastructure
- - Experience brain science research process and life of brain scientists
- - Certificate will be provided upon completion of the camp
- - No entry fee for the camp
- - Accommodation unsupported
- - Textbook will be provided (Written by IBS Researchers)
※ Center for Cognition and Sociality
Center for Cognition and Sociality of Institute for Basic Science has been establishing various brain disease models such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, spinal cord injury, epilepsy, and etc based on physiological and molecular mechanisms centered on astrocytes. The Center studies cognitive function research in brain disease, establishment of diagnostic technology, and establishment of treatment strategies.
▸ Center for Cognition and Sociality Site: https://www.ibs.re.kr/glia