Founded in November 2011 by the South Korean government, the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) supports basic research within the entire range of natural sciences including physics, life science, chemistry, mathematics, earth science, and astronomy by providing highly advanced, supportive, self-directed research environments.
IBS invites applications for the positions of Associate Directors who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials, running own research group in collaboration with the directors within their Research Centers.
- All candidates must be able to commit themselves completely in the long-term to IBS research activities.
- All candidates must be able to manage their respective research groups.
※ Additional specific requirements set by each research center.
- Authority to run his/her own research team
- Sizable independent research budget
- Tenured or permanent position
※ Additional specific offers set by each research center.
3. General Selection Procedure
- Recruitment of applicants by public advertisement
- Selection of candidates for in-depth evaluation
- Symposium and in-depth interview by review panel
- Decision by the SEC(Selection & Evaluation Committee) about recommendation
- Negotiation with director
- Appointment by the president
4. Application Submission
- Please fill out the ‘Application Form’ in English and email it as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail title should include ‘Name of Applicant’ and ‘Name of the Research Center’
[ Contact Information ]
JANG Hyojin, Research Evaluation Team
Division of Research Service
Institute for Basic Science
55, Expo-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Korea, 34126
Tel. No.: +82-42-878-8236
Fax No.: +82-42-878-8065
Application Form for IBS Associate Directorial Positions
- 연구평가팀 : 장효진 042-878-8236
- 최종수정일 2019-06-19 13:26