주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences
Chief Investigator (C.I.) CHA Meeyoung, honored with the fourth “Young Information Scientist Award” 게시판 상세보기
Title Chief Investigator (C.I.) CHA Meeyoung, honored with the fourth “Young Information Scientist Award”
Name Communication Team Registration Date 2019-12-23 Hits 542
att. jpg 파일명 : thumb.jpg thumb.jpg

Chief Investigator (C.I.) CHA Meeyoung, honored with the fourth “Young Information Scientist Award”

C.I. CHA Meeyoung (left) of the Data Science Group of the IBS Pioneer Research Center for Mathematical and Computational Sciences
▲ C.I. CHA Meeyoung (left) of the Data Science Group of the IBS Pioneer Research Center for Mathematical and Computational Sciences

Chief Investigator (C.I.) CHA Meeyoung of the Data Science Group of the IBS Pioneer Research Center for Mathematical and Computational Sciences, was awarded the Fourth “Young Information Scientist Award,” granted by the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers (KIISE). This award is given to the scientists aged 40 or below, who contributed to the development of Korea’s information science sector, through outstanding research performance and a great potential for growth.

KIISE explained that Cha was selected in recognition of her leading role in the academic circle. C.I. Cha boasts remarkable achievements in the fields of data science and social computing.

Her research includes detecting fake news based on big data, inferring economic indicators through satellite images, and developing an insomnia detection model. Her published papers have been quoted more than 13,000 times.

C.I. Cha was invited to make a keynote speech with the theme “Challenges faced with Social Computing” at the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP) held in Hong Kong in November 2019.

C.I. Cha said, “it is a great honor to be awarded this prize, and I’ll continue to make efforts to contribute to the development of ‘warm’ science and technology, which helps society through artificial intelligence and data science research.”

Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Public Relations Team : Suh, William Insang   042-878-8137
Last Update 2023-11-28 14:20