주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences
IBS Research Fellow, TSHOO Kyoung-Ho honored with the Bosan Prize in Nuclear Physics 게시판 상세보기
Title IBS Research Fellow, TSHOO Kyoung-Ho honored with the Bosan Prize in Nuclear Physics
Name Department of Communications Registration Date 2016-04-25 Hits 3089
att. jpg 파일명 : thumb.jpg thumb.jpg

IBS Research Fellow, TSHOO Kyoung-Ho honored with the Bosan Prize in Nuclear Physics

Research Fellow TSHOO, from the Rare Isotope Science Project (RISP) within IBS, became the inaugural recipient of the Bosan Prize in Nuclear Physics. The award ceremony was held at Daejeon Convention Center (DCC) on April 20. The prize, recently founded by the Korean Physical Society (KPS), aims to support basic research and recognize the achievements of outstanding researchers in nuclear physics.

▲ Professor KOH (left) and Doctor TSHOO (right)

The Boson Prize is funded by a donation of KRW100 million from KOH Yoon-Suk, a respected senior scientist and Professor Emeritus at Seoul National University. Professor KOH is one of the first nuclear physicists in Korea and has dedicated himself to nurturing young researchers and developing nuclear physics in Korea. The prize, consisting of an award plaque and a cash prize of KRW3 million, will be awarded annually to a young nuclear physicist who achieves notable research outcomes and is highly promising to lead the development in the field.

Doctor TSHOO joined IBS in July, 2012 and has been committed to research at the System Installation Division at RISP. His papers are published in many prestigious Korean and international journals.

Professor KOH presented the award to Dr.TSHOO in Daejeon and congratulated the young scientist: “It may be a small prize,” he said, “but I hope it will help Korea to become a power house in basic research and expand the user base of the heavy ion accelerator in the International Business Science Belt (ISBB), which is closely linked to nuclear physics.” In response, Kyoung-Ho said, “I’m greatly humbled and honored to receive this prize and I will stay devoted to research.”

Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Public Relations Team : Suh, William Insang   042-878-8137
Last Update 2023-11-28 14:20