주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences
IBS President's Congratulatory Remarks at Groundbreaking Ceremony for Research Collaboration Building of Ewha Womans University 게시판 상세보기
Title IBS President's Congratulatory Remarks at Groundbreaking Ceremony for Research Collaboration Building of Ewha Womans University
Department President Registration Date 2018-04-16 Hits 2522
att.  

IBS President's Congratulatory Remarks at Groundbreaking Ceremony for Research Collaboration Building of Ewha Womans University

Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen,

I am KIM Doochul, the President of the Institute for Basic Science.

First of all, I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to Chairperson Myong-Sue of Ewha Haktang and President KIM Hei-sook of Ewha Womans University for inviting me to this meaningful event. I would also like to congratulate and thank Director Andreas HEINRICH and members of the Center for Quantum Nanoscience at IBS for your work on organizing today’s groundbreaking ceremony.

The IBS Center for Quantum Nanoscience has been making tireless efforts to build an internationally recognized research center since its launch in January 2017. Meanwhile, Director HEINRICH has been leading research on the quantum properties of atoms on surfaces as a world-renowned scientist in the field of Scanning Tunneling Microscopy. He also has dedicated his efforts to nurture female scientists and encourage their scientific endeavors here at Ewha Womans University.

Once the construction of the Research Collaboration Building (tentatively named) is completed in February next year, the IBS Center will have access to optimized research facilities and deepen its cooperation with top domestic and international research groups, including the ELTEC College of Engineering, with which it will share the new space.

Making Discoveries for Humanity and Society. This is the vision on which IBS was founded to contribute to the happiness of humanity and development of society via basic science research.

It is essential to build a research environment that immerses scientists in creative topics yet to be explored. When the Research Collaboration Building is constructed and the Center for Quantum Nanoscience is fully moved in, outstanding researchers will enjoy the environment in which they can completely focus on creative scientific exploration.

The Center for Quantum Nanoscience has produced important research outcomes during a short period of time after its launch just over a year ago. I will continue to give my support for the IBS Center, an explorer of the world’s tiniest microscopic world, and Ewha Womans University to join hands and achieve dreams bigger than anyone’s anticipation.

My congratulations and sincere gratitude again go to all of you participating in this important event.

Thank you.

Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Public Relations Team : Suh, William Insang   042-878-8137
Last Update 2023-11-28 14:20