|Title||Call for Applications for Associate Director Position at the "Center for Relativistic Laser Science" of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)|
|Person in charge||Hyojin Jang||E-mail Addressemail@example.com||Tel No.||+82-42-878-8236|
|Department||Research Evaluation Team||Registration Date||2019-03-06||Closing Date||2019-04-12|
Call for Applications for Associate Director Position at the "Center for Relativistic Laser Science" of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS)
IBS invites applicants for the position of two Associate Directors, one in experimental plasma physics and the other in attosecond science, who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials and are able to run his or her own research group in collaboration with the director of the Research Center.
1. Introduction of the research center
- Center for Relativistic Laser Science (CoReLS), directed by Prof. Chang Hee Nam, is one of the research centers established at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) by Institute for Basic Science as an IBS campus center. CoReLS explores relativistic laser-matter interactions and attosecond science using the PW laser facility, operating two PW laser beamlines with outputs of 4 PW and 1 PW at 20 fs, and several high repetition rate femtosecond high power lasers. Major research topics pursued with the PW lasers cover physics of superintense laser-matter interactions, laser-driven particle acceleration, strong field quantum electrodynamics, and laboratory astrophysics. In addition, the attosecond science group works on ultrafast atomic and molecular dynamics, ultrafast phenomena in nanostructures and single-shot temporal characterization of optical waveforms.
2. Job description
- An associate director plays an important role in achieving the goals of the research center by working closely with the director as well as directing his or her own research group within the center. (i) The specific field of research solicited for the associate director in experimental laser-plasma physics is strong field physics explored with PW lasers, including laser-driven particle acceleration of electrons and protons/ions, strong field quantum electrodynamics, and laboratory astrophysics. (ii) The research area for the associate director in attosecond science covers ultrafast optical science in atoms, molecules, plasmas, and nanostructures, along with the generation and characterization of attosecond pulses in non-relativistic and relativistic regimes.
3. Requirements for the position
- All candidates must be able to commit completely to IBS research activities in a long-term.
- Authority to run his/her own research team, while collaborating with other groups at the center.
5. General Selection Procedure
① Recruitment of applicants by public advertisement
6. Application Submission
- Please fill out the 'Application Form' in English and email it as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 12th.
- E-mail title should include 'Name of Applicant' and 'Name of the Research Center'
[Contact Information for Inquiries]
7. Download link for 'Application Form' and 'FAQ'