Supercomputer System Administrator at Center for Climate Physics, IBS
The Institute of Basic Science (IBS) is installing a new supercomputing system (Cray
XC50, 1.44 PFlops) at the headquarter in Daejeon to support climate research of the IBS Center for Climate Physics (ICCP). ICCP is now hiring an entry-level system administrator. The expected start date will be November 1st, 2018 and the workplace will be the IBS headquarter in Daejeon. The position is a full-time position with benefits and competitive salary negotiable. Contracts will be issued initially for 1 years, with possibility for renewal, depending on performance.
- - Support the IBS/ICCP supercomputing center and facilities including compute nodes, servers, networking systems, storage systems, and tape archive.
- - Maintain hardware with a system administrator dispatched by Cray Inc.
- - Install, configure, and maintain the system and software for operating system and scientific applications.
- - Manage access control, security and authentication systems, application software stack with modules, queueing systems and resource allocation.
- - Communicate with ICCP researchers, IBS staffs, and Cray engineers.
- - Support climate model operations and optimization for diverse earth system models.
- - Support network connections via KREONET and data transfers between the IBS headquarter in Daejeon and the ICCP in Busan.
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills for both Korean and English
- - BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or related field
- - At least 12 months of experience with Linux system administration
- - Shell scripting and one or more programming languages like Perl, Python, C++, etc.
- - Parallel programming with MPI and OpenMP
- - Configuration and operation of job scheduling systems such as PBS, LSF, and SLURM
- - Parallel file system using Lustre
- - Debugging and optimization skills for C, C++, or Fortran Parallel debugging and optimization skills are additionally preferred.
- - 15th October 2018, or until position is filled.
How to apply