The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research (CAPP) , IBS
Advertisement for Tenure-track Research Fellow
The Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research (CAPP) is funded by the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) in Korea. CAPP is located in Daejeon City at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). Our center aims to launch a state of the art axion dark matter experiment. CAPP will also play a leading role in the proton electric dipole moment experiment and will participate in other axion, DM, EDM, muon g-2 experiments around the world. We seek candidates for a tenure-track position with specialty in expertise in cryogenic, low noise detectors, quantum or near quantum limited detectors. The successful candidate will develop the low temperature, low noise electronics for the axion dark matter, and storage ring precision experiments under development at CAPP. Salaries at CAPP are very competitive and women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
모집분야 및 지원 자격
|Center for Axion and Precision Physics Research IBS
KAIST Munji Campus
|- Low noise microwave photon (0.1-10 GHz) cryogenic detectors
- Qbit Circuits
|- Degree: Doctoral degree
- Major: High Energy Physics or Nuclear Physics
or Condensed matter physics or single microwave photon optics field
- Preference: Expertise in cryogenic, low noise detectors
1. Types of Appointment
- ‣ Tenure-track
- Those in tenure-track research positions are eligible for a tenure evaluation
- * if they have met certain requirements.
- ‣ Non-tenure-track
- Those in non-tenure-track research positions are not eligible for a tenure evaluation and their contracts are terminated up on expiration.
* Tenured researcher: Tenured researchers are continuously employed until the age of 65 with no need to renew their contracts.
2. Terms and Conditions
- - Researchers are hired under employment contracts and the term of their initial contracts does not exceed five years (not for tenured researchers)
- ‣ Tenure evaluation
- If those in tenure-track research positions have met certain requirements, the Personnel Committee for IBS Research Centers will conduct a tenure evaluation on whether to appoint them as tenured researchers.
- ‣ Re-evaluation and retirement
- If they fail to obtain tenure, then they must be re-evaluated within a fixed period set by the IBS president.
(If they fail a second time, they must leave after a grace period of no more than one year.)
■ Screening Stage
- - Document Screening ※ If necessary, additional interviews may be conducted
- - CV (should be filled in the attached from), a publication list, a research statement and three letters of recommendation in English should be email as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 04/Feb/2018 (14 days after announcement).