|Title||Call for Applications for Associate Director Positions at "Center for Genomic Integrity"|
|Person in charge||CHO Sunkyu||E-mail Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tel No.||82-42-878-8251|
|Department||Research Evaluation Team||Registration Date||2017-09-27||Closing Date||2017-11-09|
IBS invites applicants for the position of Associate Director who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials, and are able to run his or her own research group in collaboration with the directors within their Research Centers.
1. Introduction of the research center
- CGI investigates the molecular mechanisms of DNA replication, repair, recombination, and DNA damage checkpoints.
- CGI use different model organisms to investigate in vivo effect of changes in efficiency of DNA replication, repair and recombination, which are frequently observed in different genetic diseases including cancers.
- CGI will use small molecules to study for studying molecular mechanisms and apply them for potential treatment options.
- (for more information) link to research center’s website
2. Job description
- Associate director will have his/her own group focusing on basic research direction of DNA replication, repair, recombination, and DNA damage checkpoints with independent budget.
- Associate director will communicate with the director to decide whole processes of the center.
- Associate director will be responsible for mentoring junior faculties, training post-doctoral fellows and students as well as excel his/her own research
- Associate director will teach a class of UNIST in a year
3. Requirements for the position
- All candidates must be able to commit themselves completely in the long-term to IBS research activities.
- All candidates must be able to manage their respective research groups.
- All candidates must show excellent status in his/her research field
- All candidates must be tenured full or at least associate professor in academia or equivalent ranks in research institutes.
- Authority to run his/her own research team
- Sizable independent research budget
- Tenured or permanent position
- Tenured full professorship in UNIST
5. General Selection Procedure
①Recruitment of applicants by public advertisement
②Selection of candidates for in-depth evaluation
③Symposium and in-depth interview by review panel
④Decision by the SEC(Selection & Evaluation Committee) about recommendation
⑤Negotiation with director
⑥Appointment by the president
6. Application Submission
- Please fill out the ‘Application Form’ in English and email it as a single PDF file to email@example.com no later than Month Day (6 weeks after announcement).
- E-mail title should include ‘Name of Applicant’ and ‘Name of the Research Center’
[ Contact Information ]
CHO Sun Kyu, Research Evaluation Team
Division of Research Service
Institute for Basic Science
70, Yuseong-daero 1689-gil, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea 305-811
Tel. No.: +82-42-878-8251
Fax No.: +82-42-878-8065
* For more information, please visit IBS website (www.ibs.re.kr).
7. Download link for ‘Application Form’ and ‘FAQ’