- People who are qualified according to the “Higher Education Act” standards and wish to teach or conduct research at educational facilities.
- Professors who work in academic organizations (e.g. KAIST)
- Full-time lecturers or professors hired by educational organizations
- Research professors in certain fields at universities / colleges or laboratories attached to universities / colleges
- High-quality human resources in science
- Individuals who seek to give lectures or conduct research at science-related educational facilities. They must have letters of recommendation from the Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning.
- Scientists and engineers engaged in the field of natural science or in advanced technology research at institutes established according to the "Facilitation Law for Special Research Institutions, Establishment and Operation".
- Scientists and engineers engaged in research at institutes operated according to "the Defense Acquisition Program Act".
- Scientists and engineers engaged in research at the following institutes under contracts with the organizations to develop advanced technology on the basis of natural science or industrial applications according to relevant laws (e.g. the "Technology Development Promotion Act".)
- Company-attached institutes the "Industry Technology Research Corporation Promotion Act"
- Universities or colleges administered under the education law
- National/public institutes
- Technology-supporting public institutions administered under the "Formation Law for Industrial Technology"
- Non-profit research institutes in science and technology whose foundations are based on the Civil Code and other relevant laws
- Individuals engaged in natural-science research or high-level technology development at science/engineering-related research institutes (e.g. government-funded research institutes, national/public research institutes, or company attached research institutes) Individuals must possess letters of recommendation from the Minister of Science, ICT & Future Planning.
- Masters or Ph. D. holders in science and engineering fields with more than three years' R&D experience
- Ph.D holders in science and engineering fields
- Invited professors (residence qualification: E-1) or researchers (residence qualification: E-3) in the fields that are designated as national new growth engines under the WCU (World Class University) project sponsored by the Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning
|E-7 (Specially-designated Activities)|
- Skilled foreign workers who have contracts with public or private Korean organizations to work in areas specially designated by the Minister of Justice.
* “Skilled foreign workers” refers to foreign workers who possess specialized knowledge, technology, or skills under Article 16 of the “Framework Act on Treatment of Foreigners Residing in the Republic of Korea”
- Skilled foreign workers who have entered Korea with E-7 visas shall have their activities limited only to those designated by relevant policies.
|F-4 (Overseas Korean Visa) |
- Foreign citizens who previously possessed ROK citizenship(they must have renounced their ROK citizenship).
- Foreign citizens with at least one parent or grandparent who possessed ROK citizenship in the past but who currently is a citizen of another country.