주요메뉴 바로가기 본문 바로가기

주메뉴

IBS Conferences
President’s Welcoming Remarks at the Relocation Grand Opening 게시판 상세보기
Title President’s Welcoming Remarks at the Relocation Grand Opening
Department President Registration Date 2018-04-24 Hits 2752
att.  

President’s Welcoming Remarks at the Relocation Grand Opening

Distinguished guests, IBS staff, ladies and gentlemen, I want to welcome you all.

Director General KIM Jung Won of the Ministry of Science and ICT, lawmakers OH Se-jung, SHIN Yong Hyeon, JO Seung Lae, and LEE Sangmin, thank you for being here today. I know how busy you all are.

Distinguished guests from renowned institutions, universities, and major organizations in Daejeon, thank you for joining us in celebrating the Grand Opening of IBS HQ.

The Institute for Basic Science, a research institute built to make discoveries for humanity and society, is going into its seventh year.

We, as an institute, have walked an unconventional path to foster new research culture, deviating from orthodox practices. Our Center selection solely based on researchers’ excellence, great autonomy given to scientists, and implementation of quality and peer reviews are some of many fresh attempts for this new culture.

IBS lives by the philosophy to create a researcher-friendly environment, where talented scientists are welcomed and their curiosity is rewarded.

Our ambition has been greeted with interest and support by researchers at both home and abroad. Thanks to the encouragement and devotion of IBS researchers, the Institute is making great progress to become a major research institution.

With the inflow of outstanding researchers, IBS will contribute to the development of Daejeon and job creation. Also, as a public research institute, we will continue with our outreach programs to assist Daejeon to live up to its goal of being the nation’s science center and help people experience science.

Taking this opportunity, I want to express my gratitude for everyone who supported the Eunha City Forum, the beginning of the project which became the foundation for IBS, and our Institute. We will continue our efforts to make everyone proud.

Again, a big thank you goes out to all of you for honoring us with your presence in this very meaning day.

Please enjoy the rest of the ceremony.

Research

Are you satisfied with the information on this page?

Content Manager
Public Relations Team : Suh, William Insang   042-878-8137
Last Update 2023-11-28 14:20